Back to Study Notes
Possessing a Kingdom Mindset
Author: Taffi Dollar
It is important that we take the initiative to prioritize our lives. As Christians, we must put first things first by establishing a kingdom mind-set. It’s easy to become distracted by the things going on around us; however, we are God’s representatives on this earth. There should be a distinct difference between the saints and the rest of society. It is vital that we gain concept and clear understanding of God’s kingdom and what our role is.
- “And as you go, preach saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand!” (Matthew 10:7, AMP).
- Paul obeyed Jesus’ instructions by preaching the kingdom of God wherever he went (Acts 28:30-31). Paul was concerned with doing the Lord’s work.
- Likewise, we should also be in pursuit of those things that concern the Lord Jesus.
- Secular humanists suggest that we should first focus on meeting our own needs.
- However, Jesus instructs us to seek God’s kingdom first, and our needs will be met (Matthew 6:33).
- A mind-set is a fixed mental attitude or disposition that is responsible for our responses to the situations we face.
- We are a product of what we think about most (Proverbs 23:7).
- When we begin to have a kingdom mind-set, we begin to be conscious of the fact that God is our ruler and He has a plan for us.
- He wants to influence and impact our lives.
- Everything derives from God. Therefore, we must know and understand His Word.
- His kingdom is the governing impact of His will over a territory. God wants to influence the earth through Christians.
- As representatives of the kingdom of God, we should impact people everywhere we go.
- Therefore, if we work in a secular environment, we should set a good example of Christianity for unbelievers.
- We should single-mindedly serve and obey supervisors and managers (Colossians 3:22, AMP).
- We should work heartily as unto God, and not unto men. God will reward us; promotion comes from Him (Colossians 3:23-24, AMP).
- Do not have the attitude that you are above serving others. Use your gifts to serve.
- A kingdom mind-set is established in the fact that all saints are released as ministers (servants) in the market place.
- People are watching us; they want to know that we are people of integrity.
- Therefore, we must do away with our old mind-sets once we become born-again (2 Corinthians 5:17, AMP).
- We are all called into the ministry. We have been called to serve; ministry means service (2 Corinthians 5:18, AMP).
- Through our godly lifestyles, we can cause others to want to draw near to God.
- As God’s representatives, we should keep in mind the following:
- God gives each person his or her own “kingdom” or sphere of influence.
- Your sphere of influence is where God wants to establish His intent.
- Ask Him to show you how to use your gifts, talents, and life to further His plan.
- The kingdom of man is always secondary to the kingdom of God.
- Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords.
- He has made us kings and priests by restoring our dominion.
- Matthew 10:7, AMP
Colossians 3:22-24, AMP
2 Corinthians 5:17-18, AMP
Back to Study Notes